The Community Mental Health Board (CMHB) of Oak Park Township strives to improve residential quality of life by offering local resources to enhance the mental and developmental health of its residents with disabilities. Based on evolving community needs, CMHB has set up an extensive network of easily accessible services for the treatment and prevention of mental illness, developmental disabilities and substance abuse.
The CMHB provides financial support for the following programs and services:
- Children’s Case Management Services
Community Support Services
- Respite services serving the developmentally disabled and their families
- Family Centered case management services
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Drop-In Center provides a day social service program for adults with mental illnesses
- Support, Advocacy and Outreach directly provides initiatives education classes and support groups
Oak Leyden Developmental Disability Services
- Early Intervention Case Management
- Supported Employment Program provides adults with developmental disabilities the opportunity to secure employment
- Multidisciplinary Clinic offers behavioral and health treatment to identify and treat the healthcare needs of the disabled
Oak Park Township Senior Services
- Geriatric Mental Health Case Management assist older persons with mental health issues in gaining access to needed services
Parenthesis Family Center
- Parenteen, Parenting On Our Own provide prevention, support groups, and education services to high-risk services.
- Child & Adolescent Mental Health provides intensive outpatient therapy to seriously emotionally impaired children and adolescents.
- Prevention Services-Teen Dating Violence Prevention the goal is to teach students about dating violence.
- Support Services delivers a continuum of advocacy, support and emergency services to battered women and their families.
- Building Bridges to the Future provides residential and habilitative services to developmentally disabled adults.
- Weekend/In Home Respite provides respite for caregivers and social support for people with disabilities on weekends.
- West Suburban Community Support Services assists in the stabilization of clients in the community and reduce or eliminate the need for psychiatric hospitalization
Thrive Counseling Center
- Comprehensive At-Risk Youth program develops, enhance and maintain healthy functioning in school, family and other interpersonal and social roles
- Adult and Family Behavioral Health Care Services provides individual, couple, family and group psychotherapy
- Project WIN support services provided to the PADS residents of Oak Park Shelters.
Way Back Inn
- Family Support Program provides rehabilitation and support services that address the special needs of women who are suffering from drug dependence.
For more details about specific assistance, please contact Executive Director: Lisa DeNunzio-DeVivo, MA
1010 Lake Street, Suite 616
Oak Park, IL 60302