By appointment only; please call (708)...
Freedom of Information Requests
The current Freedom of Information Officers for the Township are Township Clerk, Greg White and Administrative Associate, Angela Hill. Following is the process for requesting public information from the Township under the Freedom of Information Act (House Bill 234, P.A. 83-1013):
1. Submit a request, being as specific as possible with regard to the information you seek.
2. Return the completed form to the Township Freedom of Information officer by mail to the address below, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person, Monday - Friday 9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. at our main offices at the same address.
Oak Park Township
Attention: Freedom of Information Officer
105 S. Oak Park Ave
Oak Park, IL 60302
3. Within 5 business days of receipt of the request (21 days for commercial requests), the Township will indicate in writing its response to the request. The Township will respond in one of the four following manners:
- Inform you of when the information may be inspected or how a copy may be obtained
- Indicate that additional time to fulfill the request is needed, factors prompting the delay and when the response will be forthcoming
- Deny the request, stating reasons for the denial
- Failure by the Township to respond within 10 days is deemed a denial
4. You have the right to appeal any decision to deny access to records. Appeals must be submitted in writing to: Township Manager, 105 S. Oak Park Ave., Oak Park, IL 60302.
5. If the Township Manager, in consultation with the Township Supervisor, upholds the decision to deny access, or does not respond within 5 days, you may file suit in circuit court for injunctive or declaratory relief.
Copies of requested public records in black and white, legal or letter size are free for the first 50 pages. Beyond 50 pages, the Township will charge $0.10 a page for letter and $0.25 a page for other sizes. Commercial FOIA requesters are subject to the same reproduction fees as public requesters.